This is a fun recipe to make for Valentine’s Day because they are red. I made these with my mom. They are delicious and fun to make. The powdered sugar is fun to roll the cookies in as part of the preparation. The cookies come out soft and fluffy. I hope you give this recipe a try; you won’t regret it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 country crock butter stick
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat country crock butter sticks and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat after each addition. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Roll about 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball, then roll the ball in powdered sugar. Repeat with the remaining dough.
5. Arrange balls about 1” apart on prepared baking sheets and bake until cookies have flattened and set in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Let cool on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.