This dish receives so many compliments, it's spicy tangy and delicious with a green salad. I often double it when we have guests.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream buttermilk, or milk
- 1.5 tablespoons homemade ranch seasoning
- 16 oz frozen tater tots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup shredded carrots optional
- ¼ cup chopped celery optional
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese I used sharp cheddar
- ½ cup blue cheese optional, depending on taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and cook (breaking up with spatula) until no longer pink. Sprinkle in flour and stir to coat. Slowly stir in chicken broth and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes to thicken and reduce.
- Stir in cream (buttermilk or regular milk). Add dried seasonings and salt and pepper and stir all to combine. Let cook an additional 2-3 minutes until sauce is nice and thickened.
- Melt butter in microwave. Add buffalo sauce and stir to combine. Spray crock well with nonstick spray. Add the meat mixture, top with carrots, celery and blue cheese if desired.
- Add tater tots and drizzle with remaining buffalo sauce. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.