1 8.5-oz. cornbread mix (preferably Jiffy)
2 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
1 small raw onion, chopped
2 cans corn – 1 cream style and 1 whole kernel
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 small can green chilis (mild, chopped)
4 eggs, beaten
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine cornbread, milk, and oil – mix well.
- Stir in chopped onions, corn, sugar, salt, and chilis (drain whole kernel corn).
- Beat eggs, and stir into the mix.
- Stir in 1 1/2 c. shredded cheese.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9-by-13 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, and bake 15 to 20 minutes more.