These chocolate zucchini muffins are a great way to use up all of your garden's zucchini. Moist, chocolatey, delicious muffins that everyone will enjoy! They are gluten-free along with some hidden greens for added fiber.
The Mom Chef
Ingredients (makes one dozen muffins):
2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup refined coconut oil (melted)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup finely shredded zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tin with liners or non-stick spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk eggs. Add in melted, room-temperature coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir well until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and combine.
5. Fold in zucchini. (I cut zucchini into quarters with skins and throw into my food processor. Then, squeeze out as much liquid as possible between paper towels.) Add half of chocolate chips.
6. Scoop batter into each muffin tin until about 3/4 full, and then evenly top with remaining chocolate chips.
7. Bake 19-21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of muffin comes out clean.