Rod and Jeff Clough hosted “The Tangerine Dream” party at their home on June 24. With about 150 guests in attendance, it was a great night of food, drinks, and entertainment. In lieu of a host gift, a donation was requested to support Hope House Northern Colorado. Rod shared, “Jeff and I had such fun hosting such a wonderful, giving group of people.”
Hope House stands as a vital resource for teen moms in Northern Colorado, offering a unique array of self-sufficiency programs. Founded in 2003, this organization recognized the need to support young mothers and established its residential center in Arvada. Over the course of a decade, Hope House launched several programs, including GED education, College and Career guidance, parenting and relationship classes, counseling services, and an Early Learning program.
In 2020, the first Hope House affiliate, Hope House Northern Colorado, was established. By employing a menu-style approach, Hope House empowers teen moms to define their goals and select the right components that will help them work towards self-sufficiency.
- Parenting Classes offer teen moms an interactive, engaging parenting education through classes and one-on-one guidance.
- Healthy Relationships Classes & Certified Counseling provides free individual counseling with a licensed professional counselor to teen moms and children as needed.
- In-Kind Donations for teen moms who are participating at Hope House have access to donated essentials such as diapers, wipes, food, books, baby formula and more.
- Benefits Application Assistance offers a connection to a partner agency who assists teen moms with applications for Human Services assistance.
- Social Activities create a place to belong, an important part of supporting teen moms.
As funding and resources become available, Hope House Northern Colorado aims to incorporate the following supplementary services, drawing inspiration from the successful model implemented by Hope House Colorado in Arvada.
- High School & GED Program
- College & Career Program
- Residential Program
- Early Learning Program
Through the dedication and support of Hope House, teen moms can build a brighter future for themselves and their children, overcoming challenges and realizing their full potential.
Hope House Northern Colorado empowers parenting teenage moms to strive for personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for them and for their children.