Zucchini is everywhere right now. The best way to use up all that zucchini from your garden this season is also one of my favorite dishes right now: this summer zucchini bake.
Served as a main course, or accompanied with pesto orecchiette like pictured here, this late summer recipe is easy and delicious!
- 2 pounds summer squash (zucchini, pattypan squash, yellow crookneck squash)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the stem ends and slice the squash cross-wise in 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Toss with Olive oil.
2. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Arrange the squash rounds in a 9" x 12" rectangular baking dish, or 10" pie plate. Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture.
3. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes until the top is bubbling and crispy.